February 28, 2019, Fort Worth, Texas, Cowtown Coliseum — For the second consecutive year, Craig Brooks and Grandiose Guy outran the competition in Performance Two of RFD-TV’s The American Semifinals. The Eastanolle, Georgia, horse trainer and 2013 gelding by BHR Frenchies Socks and out of For The Fame by Dash Ta Fame clocked a 14.104 in a run Brooks says got a little dicey.
“He actually squeezed me a little on the second and third, so I was just tickled to get around them, but I guess it was fast,” Brooks chuckled. “He got a little by his first, but that’s typically how he’ll do sometimes, but he comes back so hard.”
In 2018, Brooks and the young “Mater” made it all the way to AT&T Stadium and finished seventh in the long round. Brooks has adopted a go-with-the-flow attitude for this year.
“I just roll with it and try not to have any expectations with this,” Brooks said. “If they let me run again, great, but I’m just trying to have a good time with it.”
To watch Brooks’ winning run, click here.
Click here for a complete list of Semifinals performances qualifiers from the slack and buyback rounds and an explanation of who advances to AT&T.
RFD-TV’s The American Semifinals Performance Two Results
- Craig Brooks, Grandiose Guy, 14.104
- Michael Duffie, Reclaim Fame, 14.163
- Sydni Blanchard, Famous Heartbreaker, 14.166
- Anita Randle, Eyesa Topaz, 14.176
- Lynnzie Lindstrom, Dan I Am Famous, 14.177
- Cheyenne Wimberley, Streakin Images, 14.303
- Lisa Nicholas, Stoli My Guy, 19.002*
- Graysun Tice, Kan Perk Three, 19.190*
- Jill Wilson, Lean Mean Blue Dean, 19.312*
- Mickayla Brown, Streakin Irish Paddy, 24.320**