Mule Alley programming set to take place during the 2020 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards with family-friendly events and retail specials for rodeo visitors.
FORT WORTH, TEXAS (December 2020) – In celebration of the 2020 Wrangler® National Finals Rodeo (NFR) being held in Texas this year, Stockyards Heritage Development Co. is pleased to share an overview of the Mule Alley events and retail specials taking place concurrently with the NFR. From December 3 to December 12, the NFR will be hosted in the heart of Texas at the Arlington Globe Life Field, only a short trip to the Fort Worth Stockyards.
Mule Alley events taking place during NFR is as follows:
Hooey Fest // Cowtown Coliseum
- Date + Time: December 3 – December 12, 2 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Overview: Hosted by Anthony Lucia, Hooey Fest will take center stage at Cowtown Coliseum, featuring the largest NFR watch party broadcasted on a 30-foot viewing screen and live music provided by top performers
- Tickets: General admission tickets to attend the Hooey Fest are $25 and VIP tickets start at $75. All tickets can be purchased at the Coliseum Box Office or online here.
Junior World Finals // Cowtown Coliseum – Wrangler Arena
- Date + Time: December 3 – December 12, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Overview: The 2020 Junior World Finals, presented by YETI, will be hosted for the first time in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards. Cowboys and cowgirls ages 7-19 will compete for the championship buckle in nine events, including bull riding, bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, girls and boys breakaway, pole bending, team roping, tie-down roping, and barrel racing. Held for its fifth consecutive year, there are an expected 700 riders competing in the Junior World Finals Rodeo from around the world.
- Tickets: General admission tickets to attend the Junior World Finals are $10. All tickets can be purchased at the Coliseum Box Office or online here.
Cowtown Christmas Marketplace // Fort Worth Stockyards
- Date + Time: December 3 – December 12, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Overview: The Cowtown Christmas Marketplace will showcase over 350 exhibits featuring Texas-made goods, arts and crafts, and one-of-a-kind finds.
- Tickets: Free to attend
Cowboy Carnival // Stockyards Stations – North of the Petting Zoo and Maze
- Date + Time: December 3 – December 13 @ 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Overview: The Cowboy Carnival will feature Western family fun, including a 65′ Ferris wheel, carousel, food concessions, cowtown cattle pen maze, petting corral, horseback riding stables, mechanical bull, and mini train rides.
- Tickets: General admission tickets available onsite at Cowboy Carnival
The Cowboy Channel Tailgate Party // The Cowboy Channel Lawn
- Date + Time: December 3 – December 12, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Overview: The Cowboy Channel Tailgate Party will feature rodeo celebrity interviews, Western fashions, NFR Daily Reports, chuckwagon cooking demos, cowboy cocktails, and more. The Cowboy Channel will broadcast live from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Tickets: Free to attend
The Cowboy Channel Championship Mutton Bustin’ // Cowtown Coliseum
- Date + Time: December 3 – December 12, 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Overview: The Cowboy Channel is hosting its first Championship Mutton Bustin’ following Junior World Finals Rodeo.
- Tickets: Tickets can be purchased at the Coliseum Box Office
Bull Fighters Only World Championship // Cowtown Coliseum
- Date + Time: December 13, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Overview: It’s Man vs. Beast in America’s newest action sport! Get ready for some thrilling actions as the world’s toughest cowboys go head to head with the biggest, fastest, and most athletic bulls.
Santa Photos // Stockyards Station
- Date + Time: December 3 – December 13, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Strolling Street Performers // Exchange Avenue
- Date + Time: December 3 – December 6 and December 10 – December 12
- Overview: Strolling street performers will include trick roper, strolling musicians, cowboy, and more.
Old West Gunfight Reenactments // Stockyards Station and on E. Exchange Ave.
- Date + Time: December 3 – December 13, 11:45 a.m. and 4:15 p.m.
Mule Alley retail specials taking place during NFR are as follows:
- NFR Special: During NFR,the PH Barn Door will host the following pop-up stores: Western Horseman and Barrel Horse News, Skiver Bootmakers, and Chaz Hatz. PH Barn Door in-store specials include 25%-off figurines; buy three soy candles, get $10 off; and a selection of jackets will be on sale for $95, normally $120.
- Additional: In addition, there will be a roping dummy stationed outside the store for anyone to rope. From December 10-12, a roping dummy competition will be held outside the store hosted by Ropesmart. To participate, sign-ups will be taken inside the PH Barn Door store.
- NFR Special: Enjoy a glass of Cowtown Winery’s wines for only $6!
- Additional: Cowtown Winery’s hours during NFR will extend Monday – Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Thursday – Saturday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- High-end Western retailer HBarC is hosting a pop-up now through April 2021 and is featuring their original retro Western retail offerings, along with additional heritage brands such as Waco-based Standard Hat Works.
- NFR Special: Guests can expect live music performances, whiskey tastings, and a personalized shopping experience with events like “Kustomize Your Kimes,” featuring chain stitching on the brand’s signature jeans and t-shirt design partners set up in-store.
- NFR Special: Throughout NFR, customers who show their NFR ticket stub will receive 10% off their purchase! This can be either a digital or physical ticket.
- Additional: King Ranch Saddle Shop’s hours during NFR will extend from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.
- Additional: MB Mercantile & Supply’s closing hours will extend from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. during NFR.
Proper Supply Co.
- NFR Special: Luxe Western goods store featuring Stetson,is set to open their brick and mortar location in Mule Alley later this year but will be previewing its soon-to-be-opened permanent store with a pop-up grand opening beginning Thursday, December 3. The preview store will be located in the Mule Barn and will offer guests an exclusive full immersion experience featuring custom buckles in partnership with The Bohlin Company, as well as on-site custom Stetson hat fittings with a wide selection of styles and shapes to choose from, engraving, and made-to-order boot designs and clothing.
- NFR Special: From December 3 to December 12, Sidesaddle Saloon will be hosting a pop-up bar located outside their soon-to-be opened brick and mortar location in Mule Alley.
- Additional: The Biscuit Bar will host a reverse happy hour from 9 p.m.
until close. Reverse happy hour specials include the following:
- $2 off cocktails
- $1 off draft/bottle beer
- Discounted bites
- Biscuit nuggets
- Southern-style tater tots
- Fancy chicken biscuit
ABOUT MULE ALLEY:
Mule Alley is a carefully curated collection of restaurants, entertainment venues, shops, heritage brands, and creative workplaces located in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards. As part of one of the most iconic travel destinations in the country, the new Mule Alley project transcends typical development and brings an area in the district that was once vibrant back to life. After six years of planning, Stockyards Heritage Development Co. set out to revive the 108-year-old original horse and mule barns into an iconic destination shopping and dining district. Mule Alley features legacy stores and restaurants including Shake Shack, Lucchese Bootmaker, Provender Hall, MB Mercantile, Cowtown Winery, Biscuit Bar, Wrangler, and King Ranch Saddle Shop. The district is set to welcome additional tenants in the upcoming months, including Proper Supply Co., Second Rodeo Brewing, and many more. Marriott Autograph Collection resort, Hotel Drover is coming to Mule Alley in early 2021. For more information visit mulealleyfortworth.com and keep up to date on social media by following @mulealley.