The American West 4D and American Cancer Society is excited to announce the partnership of the two organizations to “Remember and Fight Back for a Cure”. Blasting out of the starting gate for a year long fundraising activity will begin at the 2008 American West Finals in Reno, NV during the week of October 12th – 18th, 2008 and will be carried throughout the upcoming New Year 2009.
Both organizations are thrilled to make a difference in this fight to empower the participants and their families to succeed in a fund raising effort to benefit the many causes for the American Cancer Society. Details will be announced to the American West Membership in the upcoming weeks leading up to the 2008 Finals.
The American Cancer Society will have staff members present during the annual event to educate the participants and visitors to succeed in their efforts:
• Reach to Recovery: one-on-one contact with cancer survivors to provide information and support to anyone facing breast cancer.
• Patient Navigators: help for patients, families and caregivers self-navigate literature on coping with cancer, support groups and resources for financial assistance and medication needs.
• Road to Recovery: transportation service provided for cancer patients to and from their
scheduled medical appointments.
• Look Good…Feel Better: program that teaches beauty techniques to female cancer patients to help them look good and feel better for a living.
• Research: cancer-related information to improve the quality of life for those affected by cancer, and prevention and early detection.
Prove your barrel racing skills, commit to beating cancer with the American West 4D and the American Cancer Society! Do something about it…. the fight isn’t over…. Start fundraising today and make a difference!