Components of this program
The BRN4D Incentive Fund program is comprised of three separate components; Breeders Incentive, BRN4D Futurity and the Sale Graduate Incentive for all age horses.
BREEDERS INCENTIVE 50%
Breeders Incentive is a program based on achievement by nominated and fully vested progeny of enrolled stallions in compliance with program rules. The breeders incentives are paid to the owners of progeny, owners of stallions and the foal nominator in the following way: Sixty percent to the owner of the progeny, 20% to the owner of the stallion, 20% to the breeder of the progeny (owner of the mare at time of service per AQHA). It is the breeder’s responsibility to provide BRN4D with current contact information. This program is available to the eligible progeny for their lifetime.
1. The incentive administrator must be notified of change of ownership of horses/foals. All incentive money will be paid to the owner of record at the time the incentive checks are printed. No liability for lost income will be assumed by BRN4D Incentive Fund program for not having the correct/current name and address of horse/stallion/breeder.
2. The Breeders incentive is paid out on progeny performance in BRN4D approved events. Total money won by progeny during the year is combined to calculate stallion, breeder and owner bonuses. Points are awarded per BRN4D rules.
3. Available funds are divided by the total eligible progeny points to determine point value. This program follows the eligible horse for life in all BRN4D approved or co-approved events. One point awarded for BRN4D prime approved races and ½ point awarded for BRN4D co-approved races. Only BRN4D approved events and points will be eligible.
- A rider can ride more than one BRN4D Incentive Fund horse in any approved BRN4D event. Horse and rider must be in good standing. Futurity horses must abide by BRN4D Futurity rules.
- For the stallion & breeder portion of payout, all progeny earnings for the year will be combined.
FUTURITY COMPETITIONFuturity Added Money 20% See BRN4D Futurity rules.
SALE GRADUATE PROGRAM 30%Sale Graduate Incentive is a program paid to the horses that are consigned to and go through the sale ring of the BRN4D Barrel Horse & Prospect Sale in any year.
- All BRN4D Barrel Horse and Prospect Sale Graduates are eligible for BRN4D Incentive bonus money at BRN4D approved and co-approved events regardless of age. Horse must have been consigned and offered for sale in the ring at the sale. Horse does not have to sell. Any horse that was sold but blood test showed illegal substances is ineligible for payouts in all BRN4D Sale incentive programs.
- A horse may be eligible as progeny from the Breeders Incentive AND as a Sale Graduate to get incentive payouts from both programs. No sustaining fees are necessary once the horse is fully vested in the program. When the foal is paid into the progeny program they automatically become enrolled in the Breeders Incentive program when they come of age and rider fills out entry designating the horse’s eligibility. Funds for the Sale Graduate Incentive and the Breeders incentive will be maintained separately. Payout will be calculated based on the fund set aside for each.
- In the case of a bred mare, the purchaser of the mare can declare which one (mare or foal) they want in the sale horse incentive program.
- Sale horse graduate is eligible for sale horse incentives. Incentive money for unsold horses will go to the owner at time of consignment. Sold horses incentive money will be paid to purchaser. If said horse is sold again outside of the BRN4D sale and the new owner wishes to maintain eligibility, they will have to pay a $150 transfer fee per transfer.
- Contestants must enter using the horse's registered name and provide a copy of the horse's papers to the Incentive administrator. Contestants also must designate on the event's entry form that they are competing on a BRN4D Incentive Fund program Sale Graduate or Breeders Incentive horse.
- A rider can ride more than one BRN4D Incentive Fund program Sale Graduate horse. BRN4D Incentive Fund program bonus money will be paid on all participating incentive horses regardless of who rides said horse.
FUNDING OF THE PROGRAMS Fund raising efforts will be comprised of the following, to be divided among the three components of the incentive program and to fund the open futurity with “added money”.
- Enrolling stallions in the BRN4D Incentive Fund program at $500 each as long the stallion maintains uninterrupted enrollment in the program. If the stallion is dropped for any reason, he can re-enroll at the going rate.
- Nominations of eligible horses of all ages to the Breeder’s incentive. See schedule below.
- Five percent (5%) of the profit from the BRN4D Barrel Horse & Prospect Sale and
- Various other funding efforts such as auctions of donated items, raffles, etc….
- All enrollment fees, nomination fees and other revenue will be held in secured deposit. An office charge of 20% total purse paid per year will be deducted in the year of payment for promotion and administering the program with the remaining 80% being distributed as bonus money.
- Bonus money will be paid out in January of the year after it was earned.
- All incentive payout money will be made available following the end of the futurity year which is November 30th. It is the responsibility of the bonus money winner to provide the BRN4D Incentive Fund administrator with their current address, Social Security number, phone number and horses registered name before any money can be dispersed. Incentive money will be dispersed in January. All bonus money not claimed by July 1st of the year after which it was earned will be added to the following year's purse.
- BRN4D Incentive Fund reserves the right to refuse any horse nomination.
- All disputes arising out of the application or interpretation of any rules or conditions of the BRN4D Incentive Fund program shall be decided by BRN4D Incentive Fund directors.
- BRN4D Incentive Fund reserves the right to alter the conditions of all or part of the Incentive fund program as it is. At its sole discretion, BRN4D Incentive Fund may cancel the program at any time and refund money, excluding interest, if it deems participation is insufficient to justify the program.
- A current listing of all enrolled stallions, progeny that are named and nominated and sale graduate horses paid in full will be on BRN4D Incentive Fund program website.
- A stallion, sale graduate horse or stallion progeny will not be eligible for BRN4D Incentive Fund program bonus money until a copy of its registration papers have been received and the owners of record have submitted contact information to the program administrator. If horse is grade and eligible for Sale Graduate Incentive, horse must be entered under the same name he/she was entered under at the sale. All registered horses and breeder’s incentive horses must be entered in all races under their registered names. No barn names allowed.
- For a BRN4D Incentive Fund program horse to be eligible for Bonus Money, it is the responsibility of the horse's owner/rider to designate on approved event's entry blank that the horse is enrolled in BRN4D Incentive Fund. In the case of co-approved races, vouchers will be available to the riders to print off from the website. Show secretaries must sign voucher verifying money won. It’s the rider’s responsibility to submit completed voucher to the BRN4D Incentive Fund program administrator.
Payment Schedule-Weanlings onlyTO NOMINATE:
- $50-due to nominate by Dec 31 of weanling year OR pay in full for a one time fee of $150.
- $50-due to sustain by Dec 31 of yearling year OR can Pay in Full at this time for a fee of $150 for a total of $200 to pay in full.
- $50-due to sustain by Dec 31 of 2-year-old year.
- $50-due to sustain by Dec 31 of 3-year-old year or $100 by Dec 1 if their futurity year is commencing. All horses must be paid in full before running. Please notify incentive office if you are running as a 4 year old.
- $50-due by Dec 1 of 4-year-old year.
Total sustaining payments are $250 (unless paid in full at the one time fee of $150 as a weanling or $200 as a yearling or unless late payment fees are incurred).
- $50 late fee. Must be paid before next scheduled payment. Any missed payments will result in being dropped from the program. No refunds.
GRANDFATHER CLAUSE:All age progeny by newly enrolled BRN4D Incentive Fund, Breeders Incentive Stallions can be grandfathered into the program for a one-time fee of $250 due no later than Dec 31 of the same year the stallion is newly enrolled. If the progeny is a weanling in the year the stallion is newly enrolled, owner can nominate and pick up sustaining payments from the schedule above or pay a one time fee of $150. No incentive points will be counted until the progeny is paid in full. No points will be counted retroactively. Progeny from BRN4D Incentive Fund Stallions in their second (or more) year of enrollment that were not grandfathered in by December 31 of the first year can still enroll by making the following one time payment no later than December 31:·
- Yearlings: $ 300
- Two year olds: $ 600
- Three year olds: $1,200
- Four year old and up: $2,500
- BRN4D Incentive Fund reserves the right to refuse any stallion nomination.
- Cost of the Stallion Enrollment is $500 per year. To remain eligibly at the $500 the stallion must maintain un-interrupted enrollment. Owner/manager of stallions shall provide pictures and fill out an application to be used for the stallion listing on the BRN4D Incentive Fund website and advertising.
- BRN4D Incentive Fund will not limit stallions allowed into the program. Please contact the BRN4D Incentive Fund administrator Kelley Beck at 541 810-3340 or go to the BRN4D Incentive Fund website for enrollment forms and the address.
- Currently enrolled stallions must be re-nominated annually to remain in the program for the current years incentives. Deadline for stallion re-nomination is March 1. One half of the stallion enrollment fee is due at that time. The second half must be received no later than May 1. Failure to meet nomination and payment deadlines will result in forfeiture of nomination fees and stallion will be dropped from the program for that year. If the stallion is dropped from the program, foals conceived in that breeding year will not be eligible. Stallion can re-nominate in the following year for that years current rate.
- Stallion nominator must be the registered owner of the stallion at time of nomination. All stallion prize money will be paid to the last recorded owner. It is the responsibility of the stallion owner to make sure the incentive program administrator has the correct information on file in the office.
- All disputes arising out of the application or interpretation of any rules or conditions of the BRN4D Incentive Fund program shall be decided by BRN4D Incentive Fund administrator and BRN4D.
- BRN4D Incentive Fund reserves the right to alter rules or conditions of all or part of the Incentive fund program from year to year at its sole discretion. BRN4D Incentive Fund may cancel the program at any time and refund money, excluding interest, if it deems participation is insufficient to justify the program.
Ride for the BRN4DInvesting today……for tomorrow.