A colt owned by Granada Farms and bred by JB Quarter Horses will bring more than just a nice sale price at the 2nd Annual JB Quarter Horses Creating Legends Barrel Horse Prospect Sale Nov. 13 in Waco, Texas—he will also bring help to the Ride On Center for Kids (R.O.C.K.).

Jimmy Eller, of Granada Farms in Wheelock, Texas,, is generously donating the proceeds from the sale of the yearling gelding Mr JB 0922 to the R.O.C.K. hippotherapy center, of Georgetown, Texas. The gelding will be the first horse in the ring at the 2nd Annual JB Quarter Horses Creating Legends Barrel Horse Prospect Sale at the Extraco Center, formerly known as the Heart O’ Texas Fair Complex, in Waco, Texas.

“R.O.C.K. does some wonderful things,” said Eller. “Mr JB 0922 is a really nice colt, and he’s going to make someone a nice horse. I’m hoping he sells well and brings them some nice money. I think he’ll benefit everyone involved with him.”

R.O.C.K., a nonprofit provider of therapeutic horseback riding, offers a wide variety of hippotherapy programs from children with disabilities to soldiers injured in service to our country. Founded by Nancy Krenek, one of approximately 40 Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist in the nation, R.O.C.K. provides physical, speech and occupational therapy through its Hippotherapy, Therapeutic Sports Riding and R.O.C.K. Horses For Heroes programs. They also offer Equine Assisted Education to foster communication, social and life skills for troubled youth.

“We are so excited,” said Karron Wilson, Executive Director of R.O.C.K. “This couldn’t come at a better time for R.O.C.K. The economy has made it very difficult on all non-profits. This is such a wonderful windfall for R.O.C.K.”

Wilson said the proceeds would go to R.O.C.K.’s scholarship fund. With 180 students and 33 horses, financial needs are great. Students only pay 40 percent of the costs of their therapy, while the remaining 60 percent is covered through fundraising. Soldiers receive their therapy free. However, for students that are unable to pay the 40 percent, R.O.C.K. offers scholarships.

“We don’t turn anyone away because of their inability to pay,” Wilson said. “We try to offer $30,000 in scholarships each year. This year has been very challenging. The funds raised from the sale of this beautiful horse will go directly into the scholarship fund. We can’t put into words how grateful we are to all involved.”

Granada Farms was founded in 1984 by father and son, Jim and Jimmy Eller. A leader in the Texas Quarter Horse Racing industry, Granada Farms has handled the breeding careers of legendary racehorse stallions as Windy Ryon, Ronas Ryon, Runaway Winner and Streakin La Jolla as well as cutting legends Doc’s Oak, Doc Per and Personality Doc.

Granada Farms has a long-standing history of fitting yearlings for sale. Two of the most successful Granada sales graduates are World Champions Blues Girl Too—with more than $2 million in race earnings—and Joanna Kate, with earnings in excess of $500,000. Joined by partners Robert and Karen Nunnally and Trey Malechek in 2008, Granada continues produce quality Texas-bred horses.

Mr JB 0922 was bred by Joe and Dee Lynn Braman of JB Quarter Horses in Refugio, Texas. The beautiful palomino is by their stallion Dallas Fuel, an AQHA World Show qualifier in the team roping, and out of Azu Bed A Chick, a race-winning daughter of leading racehorse sire Corona Cartel.

The 2nd Annual JB Quarter Horses Creating Legends Barrel Horse Prospect Sale will feature 80 of the finest bred barrel racing prospects in the country and will take place in conjunction with the $112,000 Elite Extravaganza Barrel Race and $20,000-added JB Quarter Horses Barrel Racing Futurity, with its $2,500-added Bloomer Trailer Amateur rider incentive and $2,500-added Texas Equine Hospital 4-Year-Old Horse incentive.

Sale festivities will begin Friday, Nov. 12 with sale horse demonstrations at 7:30 p.m. in the Pavilion Arena, followed by the Equifitness VIP Event in the General Exhibits Hall.

To learn more about R.O.C.K., please visit R.O.C.K.ride.org. For Granada Farms, please visit granadafarms.com. For more information on the 2nd Annual JB Quarter Horses Sale and Futurity, please visit jbquarterhorses.com or elitebarrelracing.com for complete event details.


Email comments or questions to [email protected]

Write A Comment