(NASHVILLE, TENN. — June 14th, 2017) RFD-TV’s The American is proud to announce the launch of the 2017–2018 American Ambassadors, a new educational program focused on recruiting upper-level college students and active FFA members seeking experience in the rodeo industry. In addition, students with skills in social media marketing, writing, and photography are encouraged to apply.
This unique, year-long opportunity will allow participants to work alongside RFD-TV’s The American executive marketing and events teams. American Ambassadors will attend various rodeo events while serving as representatives of RFD-TV’s The American through social media, grassroots marketing efforts, and assist with live event production.
“This will be the first year for our American Ambassador program, and we could not be more excited,” RFD-TV Chief Marketing Officer Billy Frey said. “The Ambassador program will allow students a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to gain real-world experience, but it will also give Western sports fans the opportunity to stay up to date on what’s happening with The American.”
RFD-TV is now accepting applications for the American Ambassador program. Activation will commence in July 2017 and will last through March 2018. Requirements and responsibilities for applicants include:
• Be familiar with the rodeo industry.
• Attend RFD-TV’s THE AMERICAN qualifiers (barrel racing, tie-down roping, team roping, steer wrestling) to provide strategic social media coverage, collect photos and video, conduct interviews, and distribute marketing materials provided by RFD-TV.
• Create content following each attended qualifier.
• Have a general familiarization with RFD-TV’s THE AMERICAN and its purpose within the glorious world of western sports.
• Have an above average social media presence (post engagement and followers) on Instagram and Twitter.
• Experience with Canva, Photoshop/Lightroom, Facebook, Facebook LIVE, Twitter, Instagram, photography, email, Periscope, AP style, writing skills, and attention to detail.
• See more roles and responsibilities here.
To apply, click here to access the online application. For more information on RFD-TV’s THE AMERICAN, visit americanrodeo.com.
About Rural Media Group:
Rural Media Group, Inc. is the world’s leading provider of multimedia content dedicated to the rural and Western lifestyle. With a mission of reconnecting “city with country,” RMG is the parent company of RFD-TV, RURAL RADIO, FamilyNet, RFD-TV The Magazine, and RFD-TV The Theatre. RMG networks are distributed to more than 100 million homes worldwide by DBS, telco and cable systems including DISH Network, DIRECTV®, Comcast, AT&T U-Verse, Mediacom, Charter Spectrum, Suddenlink, Cox, and more than 600 independent rural cable systems. Corporate headquarters and broadcast operations are in Nashville, Tennessee.
RFD-TV is the flagship network for Rural Media Group. Launched in December 2000, RFD-TV is the nation’s first 24-hour television network featuring programming focused on the agribusiness, equine and the rural lifestyle, along with traditional country music and entertainment. Top RFD-TV programming includes “MARKET DAY REPORT,” “RURAL EVENING NEWS,” “RURAL AMERICA LIVE,” “WESTERN SPORTS WEEKLY,” rodeo events such as “The American,” and award-winning entertainment such as “FarmHer,” “Small Town, Big Deal,” “The Dailey & Vincent Show,” “The Best of The Marty Stuart Show,” “Country’s Family Reunion,” “Larry’s Country Diner,” and “Hee Haw.”