1. “Her passionate approach to the arena of life left an influence on immeasurable amounts of people.” – Wyatt Hunter
2. “Nobody else would trust him. We had that natural bond, and we had trust for each other.” – Wylee Mitchell
3. “I think the No. 1 thing to remember is every person and every horse is unique.” – Charmayne James
4. “If you can do everything in your power to make your horse more relaxed, healthy and sound, then their job in the arena is that much easier.” – Mary Burger
5. “There was no way barrel racing was going to survive if we didn’t do something. We just needed the numbers.” – Talmadge Green
6. “I didn’t think what the reiners were using would translate to barrel racing, because they’re very different sports. But I’m not closed-minded either – you better not be if you’re goign to continue learning in this world.” – Dena Kirkpatrick
7. “I’ll never forget this win; it’s really a milestone in my life and career, hands down.” – Pete Oen
8. “I didn’t expect him to come into my life. He works really hard for me – he is a big blessing in my life.” – Kylie Perra
9. “He’s talented and special. Regardless of who is on his back, he’s going to shine.” – Wenda Johnson
10. “I can’t believe what has happened. Last year I worked hard to make $32,000, and I was proud of that – that was the most I’d ever won. To be here the first of April and to have $80,000 won is unbelievable.” – Kathy Grimes
Find these quotes and the full stories in the April 2017 issue of Barrel Horse News.
Kailey Sullins is managing editor of Barrel Horse News.